Get an Instant Quote

Competitive Rates

Melbourne – Debtor Financing

Our company is a leading provider of invoice factoring and progress claim financing in Melbourne and across Victoria. We provide debtor financing to companies that need funds to pay business expenses. Commercial Capital has:

  1. More than ten years of experience
  2. Wide industry expertise
  3. Simple qualification criteria
  4. Competitive terms
  5. Quick deployment options

Our debtor financing programmes enable you to finance your sales ledger. They are available to small businesses, have simple qualification requirements, have fewer covenants than loans, and can be deployed quickly. For more information or an instant quote, submit an enquiry.

Product options:

Invoice Factoring

Invoice Factoring

Helps companies whose clients pay in 30 to 90 days. Factoring provides immediate cash flow to cover company expenses. Available to small businesses.

Progress Claim Finance

Progress Claim Finance

Helps subcontractors operating under the Security of Payments Act who need to finance progress claims. Provides funds to cover company expenses.

What is debtor finance?

Debtor finance is an umbrella term for solutions that finance your sales ledger. The most common solutions are invoice factoring and progress claim financing.

The main benefit of using these solutions is improved cash flow. They provide the funds to pay for essential business expenses, like supplier costs and employee wages.

Read “What is debtor financing?” to learn more.

How does invoice factoring work?

Invoice factoring improves your cash flow by financing your invoices from creditworthy customers. Invoices are typically financed in two instalments.

The first instalment covers between 80% – 85% of your invoice. It is deposited into your account once the debtor finance company processes the invoice. The remaining 15% – 20% is deposited as a second instalment once your customer pays their invoice on their usual 30 to 60-day trading terms.

Debtor finance companies deduct their fees from the funds they advance. This varies based on your transaction structure and agreed terms.

Learn more by reading “What is invoice factoring?


The main advantage of using invoice factoring is improved cash flow. This is why most small companies use it. Other advantages include:

  1. Adaptive line grows with your sales
  2. Extend 30-day trading terms
  3. Simpler qualification criteria
  4. Helps minimize your bad debt

Simpler qualification

Qualifying for invoice factoring is often easier and simpler than obtaining other types of financing. The most important requirements include:

  1. ABN or ACN
  2. Creditworthy customers
  3. Invoice after work is completed
  4. Unencumbered invoices

Supported Industries

Debtor financing programs are simple to use and integrate well with most small companies. We can work with companies in several local industries, including:

  1. Business Services
  2. Consulting
  3. Construction
  4. Engineering

Would you like more information?

We are a leading provider of factoring and progress claim financing in Melbourne. For more information about our services or fees, fill out this form. One of our representatives will contact you shortly.

Essential Reading

We want to help you make an educated decision about using invoice factoring. We maintain a learning centre with information about our products. Popular articles include:

  1. Overdrafts v. Debtor Financing
  2. How to Choose the Best Debtor Finance Company
  3. How to Understand Invoice Factoring Costs

Service areas:

Commercial Capital can work with companies in the major metro areas of VIC, including:

  1. Melbourne
  2. Geelong
  3. Ballarat
  4. Bendigo